Friday, July 24, 2009

TGIF and Fondue


I want to thank everyone for the sweet comments on my kitchen I really appreciate it. I am going to take a little blog break next week its the last week before school starts back I know its really early so we are going to try to get back into the swing of things. Also next Friday is our 16th wedding anniversary 16 years it hard to believe its been 16 years. Well I hope everyone has a great weekend and week. I am sure I will be lurking around!

This is a cute embroidery piece I have been working on its going to be so cute in the picture there is a brown spot on the side but its not there in person so I not sure if its a shadow are what...
Here is the fondue recipe as promised

Cheddar Fondue

3 tbsp butter
3 tbsp flour
3/4 c. beer
3/4 c. milk
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp. paprika
dash cayenne
3 c. cheddar cheese (shredded)

Melt butter and blend in flour. Gradually stir in beer and milk over medium heat, stirring constantly until thicken. Blend Worcestershire sauce and spices. Remove from heat add cheese one cup at a time stir until melted. Serve in fondue pot with apple slices and chunks of a good bread. This is so good you may want to double it!

Hugs

~*Carrie*~

14 comments:

Darlene said...

Awwwww the stitchery is so cute!! I can't believe they start back to school already. We have a bit longer Lexi will start back on Aug. 19th.

Have a great vacation!

April said...

Can you believe school is almost back in session? I'm not quite ready for it, believe it or not. The girls start back on Aug. 10th. Enjoy your bloggy break! Your embroidery is too cute!

Tina Leigh said...

YOu did a good job. Have fun next week.

Small House said...

I just love to embroidery. Cute pattern. Enjoy your break!
Sandra

Rue said...

Your kitchen is so cute! I love how cheerful it is :)

Have a great break and Happy Anniversary!!

xo,
rue

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your blog break! Happy Anniversary! Thanks for the recipe. I have a fondue pot that I have never used.

Mommy24cs said...

Happy Anniversary :) I love the embroidery piece.
Take care and have a nice break.

tincanlily said...

Have a nice blog break. I am sure you will have lots to blog about when you return!
Happy Anniversary!
denise

Susan said...

I love your kitchen! The Hello Kitty items are adorable!! The Fondue sounds so yummie...I have never done a Fondue so I may try this:) Enjoy the rest of your summer:)

Liz Harrell said...

This sounds WONDERFUL! Hope you enjoy your break!

Meg said...

Happy Anniversary!! 16 years, how awesome!!!!!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Hi Carrie!

Sorry - I must have missed this post. I hope things are going well getting the kids ready for school.

Happy Anniversary. Thanks for the fondue recipe. It sounds delicious!

XOOX
Jen

a boy a girl and a pug said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Christina said...

Hope you had an awesome 16th anniversary.

I love the adorable embroidery piece.