Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tasty Tuesday!!!

Taco Soup
1 lb. ground beef/turkey
1 can of rotel with green chilies
2 cans of dice tomatoes
1 can corn (drained)
1 can kidney or black bean (drained)
onion (opintial)
1 pack of taco seasoning
1 pack of dry ranch seasoning

brown the meat and drain I add everything to my crock pot and let it cook on low all day. Serve with tortilla chips, sour cream and cheese. Pepper jack is really good :>

My guest blogger today
is Lindsay she is sharing her Mexican Casserole

Ingredients:
Chicken (cooked and cut up) (about 3 chicken breasts)
1 can pinto beans
1 can refried beans
chili power
ground cumin
tostito chips
cheese (1 pound)
**avocado (I use 2 bc I love them)
**sour cream
**tomatoes
**lettuce
**taco sauce
**optional, they are used for toppings
Directions:
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Cook and cut up chicken
2. Pour both beans into a pot (drained)
3. Mix in a pinch of ground cumin and chili powder
4. Pour layer of tostito chips in casserole dish. Then, place chicken on top of chips, then beans, then cheese (layering)
6. Bake at 350 degrees until cheese is melted. Top with fixings :)

If you have a recipe you would like to share on here feel free to email me I love to feature you!

If you want a wreath for Valentines I am taking orders until the end of the month!

Hugs and Loves
~Carrie~

brinoah(at)yahoo(dot)com

24 comments:

PaperCameraScissor said...

yummo!! tfs--:)

Lindsay said...

I want a vday wreath!!! How much are you charging??
xoxo,
Lindsay
P.S Thanks for featuring me :D
Now I want some mexican food!!!

Ruth Ann said...

OOooh...they both look sooo good! I'll have to try them! We love Mexican food! Have a great week!

tincanlily said...

The soup looks really good! I really love Mexican! We had chili, tacos, rice and taco salad on Sunday. I don't have a crock pot, I really should get one!
denise

April said...

Taco soup is a definte favorite of mine, but I've never tried it in the Crock Pot...sure sounds GOOD! That mexican casserole sounds yummy, too! Two great recipes for a cold wintery day!

Anonymous said...

Taco soup sounds delish! I am going to make this soon but replace the meat with more beans! for us vegetarians :)
Thanks for sharing the recipe! xx

Shell in your Pocket said...

OH..that looks very yummy on this cold day!!!

I love that picture of you below!!
sandy toe

Kelli said...

Yum & Yum!

Debbie said...

These both look yummy! Thank you both, Carrie and Lindsay! These are going into my 'To Try' pile! :)

lol... my word for verification was cabler

Amber Filkins said...

That Taco Soup is freaking hott huh!? I've used that recipe & it is so hot. My girls couldn't even eat it. :/ Next time I'm only going to use 1/2 the packet of Taco seasoning. But you may have inspired me to make that for dinner tonight. Mmmm.

And that casserole looks yummy too! I think I'll be trying that soon.

Thanks for sharing!

Darlene said...

YUM...both of the recipes look DELICIOUS!♥

Georgia Girl said...

Oh goodie another crock pot recipe for me...I just got one and looking for some good grubs to feed my family. Thanks for the recipe.

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Wow - that looks and sounds AMAZING! I love Mexican food! I will have to try that out!

XOOX
Jen

Tam said...

IT all looks Tasty! Happy Tuesday!

Jenni said...

Hi Carrie! Both of these recipes look delicious! I think that is so fun that you have guest bloggers share their recipes! :)

I hope you have a wonderful Tuesday! :)

Kelly said...

oooohhh, that soup looks so yummy! I was thinking about making quesidillas tonight, but I might have to try this instead!!!

Jamie said...

Yummmm!!! I'm going to have to try both of these! They both sound sooo delicious!!! Thanks for sharing, girls! xo

Catherine said...

Carrie, your Taco Soup sounds (and looks) so yummy! I can't wait to try it out!! Thanks for sharing :)

xo,
Cat

Amanda said...

I thought my momma was the only one who cooked Taco Soup! lol Yours looks just as yummy, but i can't let her know that ;).

AJ

jules said...

Now I'm hungry! Yum

Cottage Rose said...

Hello Carrie; Your soup looks good,, and not to hard to make... thanks for sharing... have a great week.

Hugs;
Alaura

Kristie said...

Hi Carrie. I am a new follower to your blog. I have a question about the taco soup. Could I make that dish minus the cans of diced tomatoes? My husband hates them, but he will eat Rotel. I know it sounds crazy, but it is what it is. Thanks!

Kristie said...

Ok thanks. I just turned 35 in December. :)

Anonymous said...

Both of those sound really yummy!